In an exclusive licensing agreement with The Disney/ABC Television Group, Netflix members will be able to enjoy Star Wars content for the first time, as the sixth and last season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. In fact, this will be made available exclusively to Netflix members in the US and Canada when March 7 rolls around, so if you are a huge fan of this particular series, you might want to mark that date down on your calendar. The last season will comprise of 13 episodes, where the season is known as “The Lost Missions”. “The Lost Missions” will include several director’s cut episodes which have never been seen on TV prior to this, in addition to the feature film. Such a multi-year agreement would also place Netflix in the favored position of being the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.
Do expect plenty of resolution to happen in the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where a fair number of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. See how Anakin Skywalker’s closest relationship will be tested right to its limits, and I am quite sure that fans will want to check out the director’s cut of seasons one to five for more details on the series. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-03-13: Video Streaming Services Now Part Of CPI Basket Of Goods In The UK