LG has more or less confirmed the existence of the LG G Pro 2, the successor to last year’s LG G Pro, although the next question is when will be be learning more about the device? Many expect that LG will take the opportunity of MWC 2014 to make the announcement, but as it turns out, LG could announce the handset in their home of South Korea instead ahead of MWC 2014. This is apparently due to invites that LG has supposedly sent out to an event that will be taking place in South Korea come 13th of February that will kick off at 10:30AM and end at 1PM (we’re assuming that this is local South Korean time).
The full specifications of the LG G Pro 2 are somewhat of a mystery at the moment, but according to the rumors, a 6-inch Full HD display could be one of them. LG has also recently confirmed that OIS Plus camera technology will be introduced into the LG G Pro 2 as well, which is basically where hardware and software optical image stabilization is combined. In any case it does seem a little odd that LG would choose to launch it away from MWC 2014 where everyone’s attention will be focused at, but then again announcing it separately will ensure that the device will be talked about and hyped up ahead of the event where presumably LG will bring the handset with them for everyone to take it for a spin. Either way check back with us on the 13th of February for the details!
- 2014-04-24 LG G Flex Handles 1,000lbs Of Pressure Without Breaking A Sweat
- 2014-04-24 LG G3 Case Gives A Hint Of What’s To Come
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-02-10 LG G Pro 2 Specs "Confirmed" In Benchmark
- 2014-02-04 LG G Pro 2 Will Feature OIS Plus Camera Technology
- 2014-01-31 LG G Pro 2 Specs & News, Pre-MWC Overview
- 2014-01-29 Alleged LG G Pro 2 Photos Leaked
- 2014-01-27 LG G Pro 2 Is Official, Will Debut In February