Yesterday, out of the blue, the LG G2 mini was officially unveiled. This surprised a few people since the teasers that LG had been releasing for the past week hinted at the possibility of an unveiling on February 24th, at the Mobile World Congress 2014. There’s a possibility that some arm of the company jumped the gun, as the announcement was not exactly brimming with details. New information has come forward about the LG G2 mini, its going to have three different hardware variants.
First up is the LTE capable variant that’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8926 1.2GHz processor with Adreno 305 GPU, it has an 8 megapixel rear camera as well as NFC or Near Field Communication. The second variant has a MSM8226 processor from Snapdragon, specifications are same but it simply has a 3G dual-SIM radio, 8 megapixel rear camera is present as well. NFC is missing. Last but not the least there’s another LTE variant that’s destined for Latin America. This variant is powered by an NVIDIA Tegra 4i 1.7GHz quadcore processor, has a 13 megapixel rear camera and happens to be without NFC as well. Even though the announcement came a bit early, the smartphone will still be showcased at Mobile World Congress 2014 later this week, so stay tuned for live pictures and hands-on impressions.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-02-25: LG F90 Mid-Ranged Handset Unveiled
- 2014-02-24: LG F70 Mid-Ranged LTE Smartphone Unveiled
- 2014-02-24: LG G Pro 2 Hands-On Review
- 2014-02-18: LG Posts MWC Teaser Trailer
- 2014-02-16: LG Announces L90, L70, L40 Handsets Ahead Of MWC 2014