We do know that Samsung have been preparing to hold a new Unpacked event at Mobile World Congress this coming February 24, and chances are pretty high that they will use that particular event to unveil the much talked about Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship. Of course, a flagship device does not automatically mean that it will do well in the market, as there are other factors to think of such as market sentiment in addition to products from rivals. Its South Korean rival, LG, has some tricks up their sleeves as well, and as good as the LG G2 (as seen above) is at the moment, you can bet your bottom dollar that the future successor to this handset, tipped to be known as the LG G3 as at press time, will come packed with even more technology underneath the hood.
According to ZDNet Korea, the LG G3 could be announced as early as May, which pretty much jives with what we have heard so far on the grapevine, and it could very well come with a Quad HD (QHD) display – that translates to a whopping 2k pixels in 5.5” glory. Could the LG G3 be able to knock more than just a dent into the Samsung Galaxy S5 killer? Only time will be able to tell as the battle of the heavyweights is about to begin again with this year’s edition of flagship smartphones.
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-17: LG G3 Training To Take Place In June [Rumor]
- 2014-03-17: LG G3 Could Sport 5.5-inch Display, Octa-Core MediaTek Chipset [Rumor]