It is not secret that the Nokia Lumia 520 is one of the more popular Windows Phone handsets, despite the fact that the hardware specifications of the device is not exactly what you would consider to be “high-end”. So we suppose the appeal would be the fact that it is priced affordably, and comes with relatively decent specs for its price, making it a value for money purchase. In fact we have heard claims on how it is the best-selling Windows Phone device and last we checked in November, the Lumia 520 clearly dominated the Windows Phone market with 26.5% market share.
However now that we’re in February of 2014, is the Lumia 520 still holding up? Or has other Windows Phone handsets since managed to steal back some market share for it? Well thanks to recent figures released by advertising provider, AdDuplex, if anything, they have found that the Lumia 520’s market share has actually grown. Like we said earlier, in November of 2013, the Lumia 520 had a market share of 26.5%, but with February’s figures, it would seem that in the past few months, that market share has actually increased and the Lumia 520 now commands 33% of the Windows Phone market share. If you were to combine that with the Lumia 521 (T-Mobile’s version of the Lumia 520, which was one of the most used Windows Phone handsets stateside as well), it would essentially mean that its market share is at 36.6%! Pretty impressive, don’t you think?
Next Story: Google Announces Project Tango
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-02-25: Lumia 520 Crowned "Best Low Cost Smartphone" At 2014 GMA Awards
- 2014-02-23: Windows Phone 8.1 Running On The Lumia 520 [Video]
- 2014-02-20: Lumia 520 Still Dominating Windows Phone In 2014
- 2013-12-29: Lumia 520/521 Account For 30% Of All Windows Phone Devices Around The Globe
- 2013-11-26: Nokia Lumia 520 Continues To Dominate The Windows Phone Market
- 2013-11-04: Purported Nokia Lumia 525 Pictures Leaked