Apple’s new Mac Pro was launched in December 2013 but thanks to production issues, customers looking to get their hands on the new computers would have to wait. Last we heard, shipping times slipped to March and now according to reports, it seems that if you wanted a new Mac Pro, you’d have to wait at least until April before you would be able to get it. The shipping times initially slipped to April for international releases, but it was shortly after that US shipping times also slipped to an estimated April release as well.
It is unclear as to why Apple is facing such long delays with its Mac Pro shipments, but presumably because it might have something to do with their new factory that was setup in Texas. The Mac Pro will be the first Apple computer in a while to be assembled in the US, so we’re guessing that there could be some kinks in the production that Apple has yet to iron out, versus other companies such as Foxconn who haven’t had much trouble putting Apple products together. Now the good news is that if you wanted a custom Mac Pro, the custom configuration does not delay your shipment any further, so thats something to be thankful for, right?
- 2014-04-01 2013 Mac Pro Shipping Estimates Slip Yet Again
- 2014-03-26 OWC Announces 128GB Mac Pro RAM Modules For $2,130
- 2014-03-18 128GB RAM Kit For The Mac Pro Will Cost Over $2,000
- 2014-03-17 Boot Camp For Mac Pro Will Only Support Windows 8 Or Higher
- 2014-02-27 Some Early Mac Pro Orders Delayed Until March