One would think that rumors about the Galaxy S5 will now finally bite the dust, considering the fact that Samsung has formally unveiled its flagship, but the rumor mill doesn’t seem to be in the mood just yet. Since last year we have been hearing rumors that Samsung may release two different variants of its 2014 flagship, a premium variant and a standard, and if these rumors hold any weight, what the company has recently announced may just be the standard variant.
Multiple sources claim that a metal body touting Galaxy S5 with improved specifications will be unveiled after HTC formally launches its 2014 flagship, the All New HTC One. Apparently this Galaxy smartphone will belong to the much rumored premium “F” lineup we have been hearing about for quite some time, it may have the new Exynos chipset underneath alongside the Quad HD display that was expected on the existing Galaxy S5.
Apparently even the camera will be improved in this variant, with the rear shooter gaining optical image stabilization. One source has even gone so far so to peg the announcement in April, but since there’s no official word from Samsung, we must take all of this with a grain of salt. What do you think though, will Samsung really go down this road or has the rumor mill just gone absolutely bonkers?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-24 HTC Thinks Galaxy S5 Owners Will Have Buyer's Remorse