Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, is expected to be the prequel to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pan which is why it is going to be released ahead of The Phantom Pain. However given that Ground Zeroes is said to take about 2 hours to complete, we’re sure there are those out there who will probably complete it in no time and are itching for the next game. Well the good/bad news is that depending on how development goes, it is expected that The Phantom Pain could be released as soon as October 2014, or as late as December 2015.
This comes from analyst David Gibson who translated a conference call from Japan this week. According to Gibson, “Konami admitting Ground Zeroes is a bit short, MGS5 could be released in FY3/2015 or FY3/2016 depending on the development stage” We’re sure many gamers would love to jump right into the main game itself with The Phantom Pain, but as the game’s producer, Hideo Kojima, has stated previous, Ground Zeroes is meant to be a highly replayable game and that its short “complete time” should not be used to judge the game. Ground Zeroes is expected to be released on the 18th of March so hopefully the game really does live up to expectations and sets the tone for what’s to come.
- 2014-04-23 Hideo Kojima Teases "Important" Announcement For Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-15 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Save File Will Impact The Phantom Pain
- 2014-03-20 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes