Earlier we had reported how Microsoft had officially launched OneDrive, which was basically the rebranding of SkyDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage services. According to our earlier report, it was suggested that OneDrive users would be able to earn themselves additional free storage by referring their friends/family members to the service, where every referral would nab them an additional 500MB, with a total of 5GB up for grabs. Well if you think that 5GB isn’t enough, how does 100GB sound to you? Earlier Microsoft had teased users, prompting them to login at 11:11AM PT, and for those who did, they were given 100GB in free storage. Obviously the deal is now over, but the good news is that it is still applicable if you were to walk into a Microsoft Store.
This is according to a tweet by @OneDrive where OneDrive users would be able to win themselves an additional 100GB in storage if they were to walk into a Microsoft Store and speak to a rep about it. Basically you’d need to tell the rep that you want to activate a free OneDrive account, or show them proof that you have an existing OneDrive account, and you’d be good to go! Unfortunately this deal is limited to the first 10,000 across all of Microsoft’s physical stores in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada. The next 20,000 customers will be getting a consolation prize of 20GB, which we guess is still pretty good. This promotion will be valid starting from today until the 24th of February at 2:59AM ET.
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-03-04 Microsoft OneDrive For BlackBerry 10 Arrives
- 2014-01-29 Microsoft’s OneDrive Name Enters Into Another Legal Dispute
- 2014-01-27 Select OneDrive Users Receiving Extra 20GB Of Storage
- 2014-01-27 Microsoft Introduces OneDrive As A SkyDrive Rebrand