Do you think you have what it takes to play Street Fighter and make some money from it? No, we’re not talking about professional matches where winners have the potential to walk away with thousands, sometimes even tens of thousands of dollars. Well the good news is that you can now try your hand at playing Street Fighter 4 online and potentially make some money from your wins! This is thanks to a recent partnership between Capcom and Virgin Gaming where both companies have announced their plans to make online money matches a reality.
As it stands, this will only apply to the console version of Super Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. PC gamers need not apply, unfortunately. So how it works is that gamers will challenge other games on Virgin Gaming’s website, agree upon the game’s settings, and then begin the match. Upon the end of the match, gamers will have to head on back to Virgin Gaming’s website to verify the results, attach an image, and upon successful verification, gamers will then have their winning deposited into their cashier to use again or to withdraw. In a way it does sound like gaming, but apparently as this is a game of skill, rather than luck, it would seem as though this could be a potential legal loophole. So, any gamers plan to put their money where their mouth is?
- 2014-03-17: Street Fighter II's Chun-Li Almost Came With A Shorter Life Bar
- 2014-02-21: Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2014-02-14: Tekken X Street Fighter Apparently Still In Development
- 2014-01-24: Ultra Street Fighter IV Lets You Upload Online Matches To YouTube Directly
- 2013-12-14: Ultra Street Fighter 4 To Feature Online Training Mode
- 2013-12-06: Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- 2013-09-01: Capcom Uploads "I Am Street Fighter" Documentary On YouTube
- 2013-08-19: Street Fighter Will Not Be Arriving On The Wii U
- 2013-08-04: Tekken X Street Fighter Is Still In Development, Producer Reassures Fans