Later this month, on February 24th to be precise, Samsung is highly likely to unveil its next generation flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S5. Invites for the event have already been sent out. There have already been a steady stream of rumors and leaks, most of them pointing towards possible specifications and features. Now two completely different Galaxy S5 variants have popped up in AnTuTu benchmarks, lending weight to a recent analyst theory that Samsung is going to release premium and standard variants of its next flagship.
The premium variant, SM-G900R4, shows off a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974AC 2.5GHz quadcore processor in the benchmarks, coupled with 3GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, 32GB onboard storage, a 2,560×1,400 QHD display, 16 megapixel rear camera, 2.1 megapixel front camera as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat. This variant scores 31,843 points on the benchmark. On the other hand the standard variant, SM-G900H, apparently touts an Samsung Exynos 5422 octacore 1.5GHz processor with 2GB RAM, ARM Mali-T628 GPU, 16GB onboard storage, 1,920×1,080 pixel resolution display, 16 megapixel rear and 2.1 megapixel front camera, including Android 4.4.2 KitKit. This variant scored 35,445 points on the benchmark. It should be kept in mind that its not that hard to manipulate or even fabricate benchmarks, so these points must be taken with a grain of salt. While the possibility of two different variants do answer a lot of questions that have been posed by conflicting rumors over the past couple of days, we can’t be absolutely sure until Samsung makes the announcement.
Next Story: Alleged HTC M8 Pictures Leaked Once Again
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored