Come MWC 2014, chances of Nokia unveiling an Android smartphone is pretty high, at least that’s the feeling we’re getting thanks to the barrage of rumors, leaked photos, and a recent webcast invite which seems to suggest that the Nokia Normandy/Nokia X is indeed real and something we can look forward to. Well now thanks to Chinese website, Coolxap, they have managed to get their hands on a handful of photos which are allegedly that of the Nokia Normandy. These photos, unlike previous press renderings, show a more “real life” version of the phone along with what appears to be a forked version of Android running in the background.
The rumors are claiming that Nokia will be using a forked version of Android for the handset, similar to what Amazon did with the Kindle series of Android tablets. This means that Nokia’s take on Android will be vastly different to what we’ve become accustomed to in the past, and in a way based on what we can see, is reminiscent of the tile layout used by the Windows Phone platform. Apart from that, the handset itself is pretty nondescript and there’s really nothing to shout about in terms of its design. So far according to the rumors, it has been suggested that the Nokia Normandy/Nokia X will pack a 4-inch 800×480 display, a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor with 512MB of RAM, a 5MP camera, and possibly a 1,500mAh battery. In any case be sure to check back with us during MWC for more coverage.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-02-26: Nokia X Not Coming To The U.S.
- 2014-02-25: BlackBerry Q20 Announced With Integrated Trackpad
- 2014-02-24: Nokia X and XL Android Phones: Hands-On
- 2014-02-24: Nokia X And Nokia X+ Unveiled
- 2014-02-13: Is Nokia Turning Green For Android?