When the Moto X was first launched, many praised it for its innovative features along with the fact that it would be a highly customizable device. That being said, the Moto X did not pack the most powerful hardware which was a little odd given that the handset could be considered a flagship device for Motorola.
We’re also sure many are wondering what will happen to the Moto X series in the future once Lenovo completes their acquisition of the company. Well the good news is that Moto X fans will be pleased to learn that there will be at least one more Moto X that will see a release this year, but beyond that we cannot be sure.
This is according to a recent tweet by Motorola in which the company answers a question asking when we might be able to look forward to the next Moto X. According to the tweet, it seems that we can look forward to the next Moto X late summer. Unfortunately apart from providing a vague timeline, not much else was revealed.
Like we said earlier, the Moto X did not pack the most impressive specs and it remains to be seen if Motorola will be addressing that with its successor, or if they plan on keeping it mid-ranged. Either way we guess we will have to wait and find out, but in the meantime who else is excited to see what the next-gen Moto X will bring to the table?
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched