With Lenovo expected to buy Motorola Mobility from Google, we’re sure many are wondering what will be the fate of Motorola’s released devices while under Google. Well according to @evleaks, it seems that perhaps Motorola could be working on a successor to the Moto X before they are sold off to Lenovo.
In a recent tweet by @evleaks, he mentioned that while everyone was busy showing off their wares at MWC 2014, Motorola is busy working on a certain device called the “Quark X”. Unfortunately we can’t tell if the Quark X is a handset, a new chipset by Motorola, or some other product, but some have speculated that it could possibly be the successor to the Moto X.
At the same time, it should be noted that while Motorola Mobility will be sold off to Google, Google has managed to negotiate the deal in such a way that the Advanced Technology and Projects division, which belonged to Motorola, would be retained by Google.
Perhaps the Quark X could be referring to a special project that is part of the ATAP which technically is still under Motorola for now, but either way we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled for more info. In the meantime who else is hoping that the Quark X will be a successor to the Moto X and hopefully pack higher-end specs?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case