This probably won’t surprise a lot of people. Word on the street is that Samsung is also preparing multiple variants of its upcoming flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S5. The company has already sent out invites for its Unpacked 5 event, which is presumably where the Galaxy S5 will finally be unveiled to the public. Last year the Galaxy S4 was followed up by a few variants, which looked a lot like the flagship, but offered varying specifications. The company is expected to go down the same road again this year, by releasing multiple Galaxy S5 variants after the flagship hits the market.
One such variant is said to be the Galaxy S5 Active, which will have more or less than the same specifications as the flagship but will also be more rugged. We also saw this with the Galaxy S4 Active, which is both dust and waterproof. A Galaxy S5 Zoom variant is rumored as well, it too was released as a variation of Galaxy S4 last year, the device is essentially a point and shoot camera that happens to have a cell radio. Previous rumors suggest that a Galaxy S5 mini variant might also be released, and that too can be expected. Samsung probably won’t talk about these Galaxy S5 variants at the Unpacked 5 event, it will probably focus exclusively on the new flagship.
Next Story: Eldar Murtazin: Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs Revealed
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored