At first it was expected that HTC would unveil its 2014 flagship at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona. Apparently the company didn’t want Samsung’s Galaxy S5 to steal its thunder, which is presumably why it has scheduled a separate event for March 25th in New York and London where it will finally lift the wraps off the HTC One successor. The company has been doing its bit in building hype for the next flagship, and it has uploaded a new teaser on YouTube.
Late last year the company did say that marketing was one of the biggest challenges that it faced. Its campaigns last year, costly as they were featuring Robert Downey Jr., didn’t exactly do wonders for handset sales. HTC aims to better spend its marketing dollars this year, a sizeable chunk will definitely be backing the new HTC One.
The teaser has a humorous tone to it, with a lab geek explaining how effective HTC’s BoomSound technology is. As he starts referencing the new flagship, the device in his hands is blurred out and so are his lips, thus not revealing anything substantial about the next flagship, which will apparently be called the All New HTC One. HTC has also taken a swing at Samsung, even predicting that customers will have buyers remorse after picking up the Galaxy S5. Savvy marketing alone won’t win it new customers, so it undoubtedly has a lot riding on its new flagship.
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-03-26 T-Mobile HTC One M8 Release Scheduled For April 11th
- 2014-02-26 Metal Galaxy S5 With Improved Specs Expected After HTC M8 Launch
- 2014-02-24 HTC Thinks Galaxy S5 Owners Will Have Buyer's Remorse