Samsung is expected to unveil its next generation Galaxy flagship smartphone within the coming weeks, presumably it will lift the wraps off of Galaxy S5 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona later this month. As always, the company is also expected to show off some new software at the event. Improved software features and apps have become a staple at these unveilings. Purported screenshots of a new Samsung S Health app have leaked online, it is believed that the app may debut on Galaxy S5.
While the visual changes aren’t as radical as one might hoped, these screenshots show off a much more flatter user interface that’s inline with the updated design guidelines from Google for Android 4.4 KitKat. The new S Health app may also come with new features, including one to view location on a map and control music on one single screen even while the user is either walking or running. Another app Samsung is expected to highlight at the Galaxy S5 announcement is “Life Times,” which is presumably an app that functions as a diary of sorts. It will apparently be capable of collecting information about the user based on other apps they use as well as any events that might be scheduled. Basically Life Times would be a journal that automatically logs photos and vacations, that’s just one scenario, it isn’t entirely clear right now what this app is truly capable of doing. [Image via Sammobile]
Next Story: Flappy Bird Windows Phone Release 'In 10 Days'
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5