Considering that the Sony NEX-7 was launched back in 2011, safe to say that it is about time that Sony come forward with a new camera that would be the successor of the NEX-7. Now we have heard the rumors that a successor could be in the works which might actually be shipped later this year in April, and now according to a new rumor from Sony Alpha Rumors, perhaps the April shipping date might not be too far-fetched after all. According to their “multiple trusted sources”, they claim that Sony will be holding a press event next week on the 12th of February, Wednesday.
It is unclear as to what the event will entail, but Sony Alpha Rumors believes that the event will be focused on the launch of new mirrorless products, and presumably the NEX-7’s successor will be one of them. For those looking forward to A-mount related cameras, such as the A77, apparently that event will take place in Spring in a separate announcement. In any case do take it with a grain of salt for now as Sony has yet to send out the invites to such an event, but either way for those interested in devices like the NEX-7, be sure to check back with us next Wednesday to see if the rumors pan out!
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-25: Sony A6000 Pre-Orders Reportedly Begins Shipping In Asia And Europe