It has been a couple of years since we last heard about a Tony Hawk video game, which begs the question, are skateboarding games still considered to be “in”? Well as long as the skateboarding sport is still around, we guess skateboarding video games will continue to be popular. The last Tony Hawk title that was released was Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD which was released in 2012 and the good news for Tony Hawk fans is that it looks like there could be a new Tony Hawk skateboarding game in the works.
This is according to Tony Hawk himself who was quoted on his Demolition Radio show on SiriusXM as saying, “We’re working on a game, we are working on a game, it’s pretty cool,” while reminiscing about the Pro Skater series. No word on how the developer of the new game will be, but given that Robomondo was the last developer, perhaps it could still be them. Activision has also since confirmed their involvement with the game with a statement released to IGN, stating that, “Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk, more info is coming soon.” It is unclear when or for which platforms the game will launch on, but for skateboarding fans out there, this is definitely something to keep an eye on.
Next Story: Huawei MediaPad X1 Photos Leaked
- Disturbing Scenes In Metal Gear Solid V Are Designed To Push The Limits
- Hideo Kojima Would Like To See Metal Gear Solid 5 Arrive For PC
- Killzone: Shadow Fall's Multiplayer Might Not Be 1080p As Advertised
- Titanfall Season Pass And Digital Deluxe Edition Announced
- PS4's Second Week In Japan Apparently Not Too Spectacular