The tablet market is an extremely competitive one, although Apple’s iPad has more or less dominated the scene for the longest time already. Well, the folks over at Barnes & Noble are currently working hard to prepare the launch of its first new tablet since the last release which happened a couple of years ago. In the company’s most recent financial report, it was apparent that B&N is currently talking to potential hardware partners when it comes to the development and manufacturing of a new color NOOK device which should hit the markets in early 2015.
Having said that, this does not automatically translate to waiting for nearly a year – or more, until one manages to catch a glimpse of a next generation NOOK tablet. After all, B&N’s fiscal year would end at the end of April this year, so the chances of seeing a new tablet from B&N could also happen later this year. We do know that this upcoming device will feature a color display, but other than that, there really isn’t much else known about this particular device. The thing is, will B&N be able to deliver a tablet that can keep up with the times, and even so, will the masses bite?
- 2014-03-13: Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26: Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10: Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09: Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11: NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2013-10-21: New Barnes & Noble NOOK Arrives At The FCC