It has been quite some time since HTC collaborated with Google on a Nexus product, and no, the “Nexus” experience providing Google Play Edition devices do not count. For the past couple of years Google has chosen Samsung and LG as its hardware partners. A new rumor originating from Taiwan claims that the next Nexus tablet is going to be manufactured for Google by HTC.
HTC happens to be the very first hardware partner that Google worked with on a Nexus device, the Taiwanese company was behind the first Nexus smartphone. As far as HTC’s track record is concerned, particularly in the tablet market, its not something to be really proud of. Back in 2011 HTC unveiled the Flyer tablet which didn’t exactly perform that well. It is unclear which next Nexus tablet is going to be made by HTC, whether its going to be the next Nexus 7, Nexus 10 or the much rumored 8 inch Nexus tablet. What the report claims is that Google has placed orders with HTC for a “high-end” model of the Google Nexus tablet. HTC decline to comment on this report, and its highly likely that it will keep its lips sealed until Google wants to break word, that is if it really is working with Google in the first place.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-03-18: Nexus Wall Charger On Google Play Store
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-11-30: Google's Nexus Devices Susceptible To SMS Bug That Causes Phones To Reboot
- 2012-09-24: Google Nexus 5 smartphone by HTC on its way [Rumor]
- 2012-02-29: HTC might be interested in making the fourth Nexus device