The other day it was rumored that HTC could be the company responsible for building Google’s next Nexus tablet, although we weren’t sure if they were going to replace ASUS for the Nexus 7, or Samsung for the Nexus 10, or maybe even be the manufacturer of the rumored Nexus 8. Well it turns out that thanks to a new report from DigiTimes, it seems that HTC could be taking over Samsung’s spot and manufacture the next-gen Nexus 10 tablet instead. It’s odd that Google has decided to give the job to HTC, especially since HTC hasn’t exactly been very successful when it comes to tablets, but since it is a rumor for now, we’ll just take it with a grain of salt.
Word on the street has it that HTC was supposed to be the original manufacturer of the Nexus 7 but turned it down for unknown reasons. The Nexus 10 has not been updated for a while now and hearing that HTC could be one manufacturing it would seem to suggest that perhaps we might see a release or an announcement of sorts later in the year. HTC is also struggling at the moment compared to the likes of Samsung and hopefully with them possibly getting the gig of the Nexus 10, they will be able to enjoy the sales that Nexus-based devices typically bring in.
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued