A little over a week ago, Nokia announced the Lumia Icon handset which has been rumored and leaked for quite a while now, making us wonder why it took them so long to announce it. The device was also announced as a Verizon exclusive and would see a release on the 20th of February. The good news is that it is now the 20th of February so for those of you guys who have been eyeing the handset for a while now, you will be able to hit up Verizon’s website to place your order.
The handset will be priced at $199.99 along with a new two-year contract with the carrier, but for those who’d rather not be tied down and wouldn’t mind buying the handset outright, expect to fork $549 for it, which admittedly isn’t such a bad deal given its specs. For those who missed our coverage last week, the Nokia Lumia Icon is essentially a smaller version of the Nokia Lumia 1520. Instead of a 6-inch display, the Lumia Icon will pack a smaller 5-inch display while maintaining its Full HD resolution. It will also be powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.2GHz, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, and will feature a 20MP Carl Zeiss camera with PureView technology. Not too bad, huh?
Next Story: Typo Asks Judge To Dismiss BlackBerry Lawsuit
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2014-02-20: Microsoft Throwing In Free Wireless Charger With Lumia Icon Purchase
- 2014-02-12: Nokia Lumia Icon Announced, A Verizon Exclusive
- 2014-02-04: Nokia Lumia Icon Case Leaked
- 2014-01-21: Nokia Lumia Icon Makes An Appearance On Verizon's Website (Again)
- 2014-01-19: Verizon's Lumia Icon Goes On Sale In China