The Nokia Normandy/Nokia X is pegged for a possible announcement at MWC 2014, and so far based on what we know about the handset, the device is definitely not Nokia’s most powerful smartphone to date. Heck, amongst its Android peers it’s not even that powerful and would be considered to be a low-end device. In fact according to the rumors, the Normandy will be packing a 5MP rear-facing camera, and yes while we know that megapixels do not define a good photo, a 5MP camera is hardly considered marketing material.
For those who were hoping otherwise, sorry to disappoint but as it turns out, the Nokia Normandy will feature a 5MP camera after all. This is thanks to a sample photo that was taken by a certain Nokia A110, which is reportedly the model number for the Nokia Normandy/Nokia X. Based on its EXIF data, it has been revealed that the handset will indeed pack a 5MP sensor, but hopefully where it lacks in megapixels, it will make up with in great software and image quality, which to be honest is really what everyone wants from their cameras. The EXIF data has also revealed the camera’s aperture to be f/2.65 which isn’t exactly the brightest, so don’t expect anything amazing when it comes to low-light situations. Either way be sure to check back with us during MWC 2014 where hopefully all the details will be revealed.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-02-26: Nokia X Not Coming To The U.S.
- 2014-02-24: Nokia X and XL Android Phones: Hands-On
- 2014-02-24: Nokia X And Nokia X+ Unveiled
- 2014-02-24: Nokia XL Is Nokia's Third And Largest Android Device
- 2014-02-24: Nokia 220 And Asha 230 Announced