Nokia has been known for putting out cheap and affordable handsets, from back in the day of the feature phone, to today where their low-end Lumia smartphones have proven to be their best seller. That being said, it looks like Nokia might have their cheapest smartphone in the works, thanks to a listing on Indian importation record, Zauba. The listing reveals a phone going by the model number Nokia RM-1013 which appears to be a Windows Phone device. It was also listed as being priced at INR 6,282 which when converted, is around $100. Imagine that, a handset so cheap and fully unlocked! If Nokia did not already dominate with the Lumia 520, we can only imagine that this handset will be a hit in emerging markets.
However in terms of specifications, not much is known about the device, but then again for a handset priced at around $100, don’t expect anything amazing. The device should be more than capable of getting the job done and then some. Microsoft had previously revealed their intentions of maintaining Windows Phone in both the high and low end markets, so with this handset, it looks like Nokia will be doing that for them ahead of the acquisition which is rumored to be closed at MWC 2014.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset