EVE Online is one of the more prolific sci-fi games out there which has a very dedicated player base, dedicated to the point where the publisher of the game, CCP, has recently announced that they plan on building a monument dedicated to the players of the game. The developers of the game also created a spin-off of sorts called EVE: Valkyrie which is a multiplayer shooter game also based on the EVE universe, and the good news is that it looks like the game will be taken to whole new heights as the folks behind the Oculus Rift VR headset have announced that they will be co-publishing the game and turning it into an exclusive.
This exclusivity means that only those who have the Oculus Rift headset will be able to enjoy the game, but hopefully the headset will become available commercially in the near future so that everyone will be able to enjoy it as well. Also we’re not sure this exclusive deal means that we can expect more goodies from the developers in terms of additional Oculus Rift features and whatnot, but given that the game was designed for VR from the start, this exclusivity should be something worth looking forward to.
- 2014-04-14: Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-03-30: Oculus Rift Team Hit With Death Threats Following Facebook Acquisition
- 2014-03-28: Facebook On Oculus Rift Might Look Like This
- 2014-03-28: Minecraft Creator States Minecraft For Oculus Rift Would Have Been Free
- 2014-03-27: Kickstarter Project Adds Stretch Goal Of Buying Oculus VR From Facebook