There has already been much talk about the OnePlus One smartphone, its going to be the first phone that is going to be powered by a custom version of CyanogenMod that will be built for it from the ground up. Not much is known about the device at this point in time, apart from the company’s assurances that it will offer “best specs,” and an industrial design that will rival the iPhone. One Plus CEO Pete Lau now says that the price of his yet to be seen phone “will definitely be under $400″
It warrants mentioning here that merely five days back the company said that its first phone will be available for under $500. Lau now says that under $500 doesn’t mean it will sell for $499, instead he pegs our hopes on a phone that supposedly has market leading specs with an amazing design and sells for under $400, that too off contract.
It may all seem very lofty right now, and there’s ample reason behind why it does. Nothing of substance has materialized as yet, the company has been talking up the phone without actually revealing a morsel of information about the actual specifications and design. Its expected to hit the market in the second quarter of 2014, so we’ll probably have to wait until then to find out.
- 2014-04-17: Purchasing The OnePlus One Will Require An Invite
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-15: OnePlus One Sample Photos Make Their Way Online
- 2014-03-31: CyanogenMod 11S For OnePlus One Spotted
- 2014-03-25: OnePlus Takes A Swing At All New HTC One
- 2014-03-09: Alleged OnePlus One AnTuTu Benchmark Impresses
- 2014-03-05: OnePlus Smartphone To Arrive In 10 Countries At Launch
- 2014-02-27: OnePlus One Price Under $400
- 2014-01-13: OnePlus One Release Pegged For Q2, To Be 'More Attractive' Than Its Rivals