China’s Oppo has been teasing its upcoming flagship smartphone for quite some time now, and it too has taken some time out to take a swing at the Samsung Galaxy S5. Soon after the flagship was unveiled, HTC mocked the lack of radical changes and conveyed to the world in a not so subtle manner to look out for its new smartphone, which will be unveiled on March 25th. Oppo has done something along the same line, releasing yet another Oppo Find 7 teaser, but one that takes an obvious swing at the Galaxy S5.
On paper, Oppo might be correct after all. Its expected to have a 2,560×1,440 pixel resolution Quad HD display, at least one variant is, with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quadcore processor beating under the hood, the same one that powers the Galaxy S5. While there’s no definitive word as yet on the Find 7′s specifications, its possible that some elements may be better than the Galaxy S5.
Though all it really comes down to is performance. Samsung has particularly focused on enhancing the user experience, it has avoided adding features or bumping numbers just for the sake of doing so. Even if the company won’t be threatened by Oppo in many markets around the world, the Find 7 could prove to be a tough competitor particularly in China. Oppo is due to unveil the Find 7 at an event in Beijing on March 19th.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5