Pebble was perhaps the only smartwatch that stood out from the crowd last year. What initially started as a crowdfunding campaign is now a product that’s known around the world. Pebble isn’t what it used to be, the company has launched a new model crafted from steel, and it has also launched an app store that contains apps exclusively developed for the popular smartphone. The Pebble appstore was first announced back at CES 2014 and today it has finally been launched. The appstore is now live, touting over 1,000 applications and watchfaces. Its baked into the Pebble app for iOS and Android. Users can peruse apps and watchfaces, then simply download the ones they like from their smartphone.
While the smartwatch has supported applications for quite some time, initially users had to look towards third party resources to get apps. With the launch of its official appstore, Pebble brings all compatible apps under one roof that’s easy to navigate. With six app categories and separate areas for apps and watchfaces, its now even easier for users to find the next favorite app they’ll install on their Pebble. Categories include Daily Tools & Utilities, Notifications, Remotes, Fitness and Games. Users will also be able to access Pebble appstore on the web, which comes with a locker that automatically stores the user’s favorite apps and watchfaces, thus making it easier to load and unload them from the smartwatch at any given point in time. The new Pebble app for iOS is now live and can be downloaded for free via the App Store. New Pebble for Android is still being fine tuned, though the company tells us that it too will be released very, very soon.
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Hitman GO Now Available In iTunes App Store
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble