It was just yesterday when we brought you word that Pokemon Bank arrived in Europe and Australia yesterday, without any idea on just when folks living in North America will be on the receiving end of this particular service. Well, here is some good news now for those of us living in North America – the Pokemon Bank app for Pokemon X/Y is now available in this region on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
With the Pokemon Bank, one is able to deposit, store and manage up to 3,000 Pokemon, and this will also include those from previous games. When it is used in combination with the Poke Transporter, one is able to move Pokemon from older generations into Pokemon X/Y. The Pokemon Bank experienced a delay from its targeted December 27 launch date after going through some “service disruptions” on the Wii U and 3DS eShops, and even in its home country of Japan, it was pulled due to similar issues. This particular app might be a free download, but you will need to fork out a $4.99 annual subscription fee in order to make use of its services.
On a side note, have you ever wondered whether Professor Oak is really who he makes out to be, an expert on Pokemon? He has studied them for years and only has three in his Pokedex, which is a shame, really.
Next Story: Man Gets Robotic Hand That Allows Him To Feel
- 2014-04-17 Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-04-17 Win A Limited Edition Pokémon-Themed 3DS XL By Attending A Japanese Football Match
- 2014-04-13 Pokemon And Zelda Monopoly Box Art Spotted Online
- 2014-03-31 Google April Fools' 2014 Is All About Catching Pokémon
- 2014-03-23 Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master