The Battlefield franchise has seen different iterations throughout its life, but for the most part it has been military themed where the same can be said for its rival, Activision’s Call of Duty. That being said, EA has been receiving a fair amount of flak recently over the bugs in Battlefield 4 which proved to be a headache for gamers trying to play, but assuming EA really does learn from its lessons, would you still be interested in future Battlefield titles? And would you be more interested if it departed from its military theme and went with something else instead?
According to a report from Polygon, EA has been laying off some of their staff from Ghost Games, and as for full-time employees, they have been given the ultimatum which is to either leave the company with compensation, or stay on to help with development of a Battlefield spin-off developed by Visceral Games that will apparently be police-themed. Unfortunately apart from that little tidbit, not much else is known about this alleged Battlefield spin-off, but what do you guys think? A police-themed Battlefield would definitely be a departure from the military-theme that gamers have gotten used to, and could even prove to be a welcome departure as well, but what say you? Would a police-theme Battlefield game be of interest to you?
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-02-10: Policed-themed Battlefield Could See 2014 Release [Rumor]
- 2014-02-04: Police-themed Battlefield Game Could Be In The Works
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2013-10-22: Battlefield 4 Single-Player Campaign Trailer Released
- 2013-10-16: DICE Recommends Xbox 360 Battlefield 4 Players Install 14GB Of Content Onto Their Drives