How many of you out there use Google Now? It can be a pretty handy tool actually if there are enough users around in your circle. For instance, you will be able to know whether your other half’s flight has been delayed, and results of the recent Super Bowl rout being made available right at your fingertips without having to ask. Well, considering how Google Now already provides you with the right information at the right time on both Android and iOS platforms, here is additional good news for you. From this week onward, as you make use of Chrome beta, you will be able to be on the receiving end of your Google Now notifications through the notifications center on your Mac, Windows or Chromebook computer.
In order to enable such notifications, all you need to do is to sign in to Chrome with the same Google Account that you are currently using for Google Now on Android or iOS. Basically, this could translate to a possible scenario like this – should you be finishing up a spreadsheet at your office desk, Google Now could nudge you to leave the office a bit earlier so that you will be able to avoid the mad after office hours traffic on the way to dinner. Viewing the notifications are a snap – just click on the bell icon on your desktop (on Mac and Windows) or the numbered box (on Chromebook), and the Chrome notification center will appear.
Next Story: Windows 8.1 Build Video Walkthrough
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-03-30: Google Now Could Help Remind You To Pay Your Bills Soon
- 2014-02-27: Get Google Now Launcher On Any Android Device
- 2014-02-11: Google Now Understands Your Relationship Connection
- 2013-11-05: Google Now For iOS Update Brings Feature Parity With Its Android Counterpart
- 2013-08-22: Google Now Updated