Rugged cameras are great if you think that you will find yourself in situations where its ruggedness might come in handy. For example if you’re the sort that likes to take action photography, or cover events where they could be a lot of moving involved, or if you’re going to places like the beach or pool where there is a chance your camera could get wet, rugged cameras do come in handy then. However if you’re looking to avoid paying an arm and a leg for a higher-end rugged camera, the folks at Ricoh have recently announced the WG-20, a rugged camera that will only cost you $199.95.
In terms of specs, the WG-20 will feature a 14MP CCD sensor. It will also come equipped with a 140mm 5x optical zoom lens and will be capable of capturing video in 720p HD quality, although we would have preferred 1080p but we guess that’s one way of cutting costs. In terms of ruggedness, photographers can expect the WG-20 to withstand depths of water up to 10m, freezeproof of temperatures up to -10C, and will also be able to withstand a drop from as high as 1.5m. Available in either red or white, the Ricoh WG-20 will be available later this March.
Next Story: Nikon Sends Invites For 11th February Event
- 2014-02-05: Ricoh WG-4, WG-4 GPS Rugged Cameras Announced
- 2014-02-05: Ricoh WG-20 Affordable Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2013-10-21: Limited Edition Ricoh GR Camera Revealed
- 2013-07-08: Ricoh Rumored To Be Working On New GXR Camera
- 2013-02-04: Ricoh Omnidirectional Camera
- 2012-05-08: Ricoh P3000 Unified Communication system