Earlier we had reported on the Ricoh WG-20, a rugged camera that will come at an affordable price of $199.95. Granted there were some features that we thought could be a little bit better, but then again if saving money is what you’re after, then we reckon the WG-20 should be able to get the job done and then some. However if you’re looking for a rugged camera with slightly more “premium” specs and don’t mind paying a little extra to have those specs, then perhaps the Ricoh WG-4 and WG-4 GPS could be of interest to you.
First of, both cameras will feature identical specs with the main difference between the WG-4 and WG-4 GPS is that the latter will come with GPS capabilities, allowing your photos to be location-tagged. It will also sport a front-facing display. Apart from that, both cameras will feature an aperture of f/2.0 and a 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor, a 25-100mm lens, and sensor-shift image stabilization. Both cameras will also come with waterproof features that will withstand water immersion up to 14m, freezeproof up to -10C, and will also be able to withstand a drop from as high as 2m. Priced at $329.95 for the WG-4 and $379.95 for the WG-4 GPS, both cameras are expected to be made available later this month.
Next Story: Ricoh WG-20 Affordable Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2014-02-05: Ricoh WG-4, WG-4 GPS Rugged Cameras Announced
- 2014-02-05: Ricoh WG-20 Affordable Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2013-10-21: Limited Edition Ricoh GR Camera Revealed
- 2013-07-08: Ricoh Rumored To Be Working On New GXR Camera
- 2013-02-04: Ricoh Omnidirectional Camera
- 2012-05-08: Ricoh P3000 Unified Communication system