It goes without saying that a particular piece of technology that does not get a hardware refresh would be lagging behind in terms of its popularity and usability. Hence, here we are with Samsung offering the ATIV Book 9 Lite with some more processing power, thanks to the introduction of a speedier Intel Core i3-4020Y Haswell processor underneath the hood. Of course, considering from all angles that this new laptop still carries the “Lite” suffix at the end of it, you can expect the lack of some of premium touches which are more or less staples in higher end Ultrabooks.
The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite would arrive with a 13.3” touchscreen display at 1366 x 768 pixels, and the lack of a backlit keyboard can also be deemed to be a step backwards. However, the low-power Intel Haswell CPU should be able to bring a smile to your face, where it will be accompanied by an Intel HD 4200 graphics chipset, 4GB RAM, a 128GB solid state drive, 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, a solitary USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port, a micro HDMI port, a flash memory card reader, and Gigabit Ethernet compatibility. Samsung touts an 8.5-hour battery life which we think is rather optimistic considering how it packs a 30Whr battery. Not too shabby an update to a half year plus old notebook, eh?
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2013-12-19: Samsung Unveils First Tizen Devices In February
- 2013-11-07: Apple Given "World's Most Valuable Brand" Title For The 3rd Year In A Row
- 2013-11-07: Tizen Smart TV On The Cards, Won't Come Before The Phone
- 2013-07-08: Tizen App Challenge Offers Over $4m In Bounty To Developers
- 2013-07-07: Tizen Might Not Be On The Way To The Grave After All