While Samsung rarely confirms that it has indeed done something like this, there have been multiple reports in the past of the company showing off next generation technology to a select group of journalists and analysts behind closed doors at major events. Take CES 2014 for example, it was rumored that Samsung secretly showed off its foldable phone displays in a suite somewhere when the world’s largest consumer electronics show was in full swing. Reports coming in from Korea suggest that the company might give a glimpse of its bendable tablet in similar fashion at Mobile World Congress 2014.
Details about the bendable tablet at scarce at this point in time, though the report claims its ability to bend may enable it to be used as a laptop. It is unclear if the screen itself will be bent or slightly curved when the tablet is folded. The tablet may also be able to support itself when propped up on a table without needing support from a case or cover. Obviously this is just speculation, for all we know the Samsung bendable tablet might be a completely different thing altogether. Samsung hasn’t confirmed if it has any plans to show off this technology behind closed doors at MWC 2014 and its unlikely that it will say something about it.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-02-26: Samsung Knox 2.0: Ready For Small Businesses And Cloud Management
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC