If the rumors are to be believed, Samsung could announce a new Galaxy Gear 2 alongside the Galaxy S5 at MWC 2014 at their Unpacked 5 event. We have also heard how Samsung could have multiple Galaxy Gear models apart from just the Galaxy Gear 2, and now according to a new rumor from the Korean media, it has been suggested that at least one of the Galaxy Gear variants will be called the Galaxy Gear Fit. Based on its name alone, we can tell that it is going to be some kind of fitness-related accessory. However with the Galaxy Gear already sporting some fitness features, what would make the rumored Galaxy Gear Fit any different?
Well for starters, it seems that the device will be more of a fitness band that would compete against the likes of Fitbit, Jawbone, and the Nike FuelBand. The device will allow users to track physical activity such as steps, distance run, and so on, and will reportedly also be able to monitor the user’s sleep. The rumors also claim that Samsung will be losing the integrated camera which could ultimately help to keep the price down. It sounds like a good idea and we guess it can’t hurt to have more fitness band alternatives in the market. Either way do check back with us on the 24th of February for all the details. In the meantime would any of you guys be interested in a Samsung fitness band?
Next Story: HTC Desire 8/HTC A5 Specs "Confirmed"
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-02-26: Samsung Knox 2.0: Ready For Small Businesses And Cloud Management
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC