The Samsung Galaxy S5 has yet to hit the market, let alone been announced, but it seems that rumors of a Galaxy Note 4 have begun to surface. According to the rumors from the Korean media, word on the street has it that Samsung could be launching the Galaxy Note 4 which a three-sided display. If you’re wondering what that looks like, it’s basically a screen that will wrap around the edges of the phone (as pictured above), essentially putting the display on the edges as well as on the front of the device at the same time. It is an interesting concept and in the past we’ve seen how these side-screens can be used for different tasks, such as media player controls and such.
Interestingly enough, the report also claims that Samsung will be testing the waters with the Galaxy Note 4 and will only manufacture about a million units. We’re not sure why Samsung would do that given that the Galaxy Note series has typically been well-received, but then again given that the Galaxy Round wasn’t exactly a stellar success, perhaps Samsung has decided to err on the side of caution. It will be interesting to see if the Galaxy Note 4 will indeed feature this alleged three-sided display as not only would it make it an interesting design, but would provide us a new and unique way of interacting with our devices, but until then take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-06: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Specs Purportedly Leaked
- 2014-01-09: Galaxy Note 4 May Come With A Wraparound Display
- 2014-01-05: Samsung Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Concepts
- 2014-01-03: Samsung Patent Hints At Galaxy Note 4's Design
- 2013-12-10: Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Might Have PLS LCD Displays