Some unidentified South Korean sources have hinted at a possible lock screen effect of the Samsung Galaxy S5 which has been depicted on the right. The animation allegedly ran on a Galaxy S4 smartphone, and happens to be a departure from the standard issue Ripple or Flare lock screen effect choices. Of course, there is no guarantee that this is not any mere custom animation which has arrived alongside the Android 4.4 KitKat update on the SK Telecom version of the Galaxy S4, and neither could it be a sideloaded ROM. Chances are the Samsung Galaxy S5 will most probably arrive with yet another new version of TouchWiz, and it could very well feature the new lock screen as shown as well.
There might be a new and more flat iconography thrown into the mix as well, which would not be too far away from Samsung’s tablet-oriented Magazine UX. Apart from that, there is also an alleged screenshot from the Galaxy S5 that more or less confirms the latest style, so who knows? The latest lock screen effect that you see here could be part of the deal as well. Well, we have heard rumors of the Galaxy S5 being waterproof and dustproof, too, in addition to it allegedly arriving in two different variants.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press