PayPal is one of the leaders in the mobile payments space, so it won’t surprise anyone if it teams up with one of the largest mobile vendors in the world. Recently it was rumored that Apple is working on a payments solution of its own, that it was said that PayPal wants in on that service, even if its just allowed to handle the backend. While that partnership is yet to materialize, its possible that at the Samsung MWC 2014 event, a partnership between PayPal and the Korean juggernaut may be announced.
Sources tell Sammobile that the ultimate aim of this partnership will be to make mobile payments much easier, somehow it could replace Samsung Wallet, which isn’t exactly a popular method of mobile payment given that its only exclusive to a few countries. Sources claim that PayPal and Samsung may unveil a virtual mobile payments system with global support that will depend entirely on NFC technology. The rumored fingerprint sensor on Galaxy S5 may also be used for payment verification, as it too is rumored to be tied to Samsung’s wallet system. Users may be able to authorize payments using just their fingerprint, this would eliminate the need for entering payment details every time they shop using their mobile device. The scribe itself isn’t entirely sure about the information it has received from sources, so its best to take this rumor with a pinch of salt for now. Samsung hasn’t commented on this rumor, PayPal has chosen to remain mum as well.
Next Story: ASUS PadFone Infinity Lite Launched
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-02-26 Samsung Knox 2.0: Ready For Small Businesses And Cloud Management
- 2014-02-25 PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-23 Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC