One can be excused if they believe that Samsung only makes Android smartphones. The company is known around the world for the low-end, mid-range and high-end smartphones that it develops, all of which run on Google’s mobile operating system. Samsung’s Windows Phone devices aren’t that popular when compared to Nokia’s Lumia lineup, moreover, the company doesn’t exactly make dozens of WP smartphones every year. After quite a while, Samsung and Verizon have reportedly teamed up to develop a Windows Phone smartphone. Carrying model number SM-W750V, Samsung’s new WP smartphone has now made the compulsory layover at the FCC.
Before it can reach its final destination, which is the end user, the SM-W750V must first receive certification from the Federal Communications Commission. The filing for this regulatory testing reveals that this particular smartphone comes bearing Verizon LTE and CDMA bands, it also features GSM and HSPA bands for international frequencies. Once it receives the required certification, it shouldn’t take long for this device to hit the market. Its quite possible that Samsung might unveil the SM-W750V at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona a couple of weeks from now. As per a previously leaked press render of the smartphone, its highly likely that this smartphone resembles the Galaxy S4.
Next Story: Flappy Bird's Wings Might Be Clipped Soon
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-03-31: Samsung ATIV SE Release Slated For April Without Windows Phone 8.1 [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Windows Phone 8.1 Changes Include Dual-SIM And Cheaper Devices Support
- 2014-02-23: Microsoft 'Less Excited' About Nokia's Android Ambitions
- 2014-02-18: MWC 2014 Won't Bring New Windows Phone Devices
- 2014-01-24: LG G Pad 8.3 With LTE Might Knock On Verizon’s Door