Word on the street has it that Samsung has a new Windows Phone in the works called the “Huron”, also known by its model number SM-W750V. We recently saw the device in a leaked photo and while it had originally been speculated that the handset would feature a Full HD 1080p display, newly leaked benchmark results have suggested that it would be come with a 720p HD display instead. This is according to the benchmark results from GFXBench where it revealed that the Samsung SM-W750V would come with a 1280×720 resolution, instead of 1920×1080.
However it seems that there is also some dispute between the actual size of the display. Some are claiming the handset will sport a 4.3-inch display, while others claim that it will come with a 5-inch display. While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a 720p HD display, the fact of the matter is that Full HD is more or less the standard these days and we’re sure that customers would much prefer a higher resolution. However if Samsung’s goal is to create a budget and affordable Windows Phone handset, taking the 720p HD route would make sense. In any case hopefully we will hear more about the Samsung SM-W750V soon, so until then take it with a grain of salt, but are any of our readers out there disappointed by the 720p HD display?
Next Story: Microsoft Invests $15 Million Into Foursquare
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-07: Samsung SM-W350F Could Be Another Windows Phone 8.1 Smartphone
- 2014-04-04: Samsung ATIV Core Mid-Ranged Windows Phone In The Works [Rumor]
- 2014-03-31: Samsung ATIV SE Release Slated For April Without Windows Phone 8.1 [Report]
- 2014-03-24: Samsung ATIV SE Rumored To Arrive On Verizon 18th April
- 2014-02-26: Samsung ATIV SE Could Be Final Name of The "Huron"