Come MWC 2014, Samsung is expected to hold their Unpacked 5 event on the 24th of February. The company recently sent out invites and now thanks to a new teaser image that Samsung has posted onto Twitter, we might be getting our first official look of the new UI that will be making its way onto future Samsung Galaxy devices, namely the Samsung Galaxy S5 which has to be one of the more highly-anticipated smartphones of 2014. The icons don’t specifically mention any apps or devices, but they are reminiscent of the leaked Magazine UI that will allegedly make its way onto the Galaxy S5.
Samsung has in the past been criticized over its TouchWiz UI. They aren’t the first as there are many out there who feel that Android OEMs shouldn’t put their own interface on their devices as it would cause unnecessary lag due to the added features which may or may not be appreciated by the user. However with the new Magazine UI, it looks like Samsung will be shaking things up a bit as the interface does look a lot cleaner, although admittedly we are reminded of Windows Phone when it comes to that tiled interface. In any case it will be interesting to see what Samsung will be bringing to the table so check back with us during MWC 2014 for the details!
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms