Every single piece of software or app needs to get an update from time to time in order to make sure it remains ahead of the competition, and Microsoft’s Skype VoIP app is no different. In fact, there is a new bunch of enhancements introduced to make the Skype chat experience a whole lot better. Those who have begun to use Skype across different devices might have realized that it is pretty tough to keep conversations synchronized, or they might have missed messages along the way, seeing “read” messages on one device while another still has “unread” messages. These issues have been fixed, as push notifications ensure that you are aware of a new message in chat, while Skype chats have been synced across all Skype-enabled devices.
In a nutshell, you can whip out your smartphone and check out the conversation that you last had on your notebook without missing a beat in between. Apart from that, you know that your friend or contact has received that message you sent, as it will show up as “read” when you check your messages on your notebook.
The months ahead will see additional enhancements made to the chat experience, including receiving notifications only on the device you happen to be using actively at that pointin time. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop
- 2014-03-20: Qik To Officially Shut Its Doors On The 30th Of April