As you might have heard, Activision has decided to move their Call of Duty franchise to a three-year dev cycle. What this means is that longer dev cycles allow more time can be spent developing the game, making sure it is fun and ironing out all the kinks, or at least as much as possible. Now the good news for gamers is that Sledgehammer Games will be the next developer to make the Call of Duty title and according to industry insider, Pete Dodd, it is expected to be a big jump in visuals compared to Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Posting in the NeoGAF forums, Dodd was quoted as saying, “Internally people are excited for it. It is supposedly a pretty big jump over ghosts graphically.” The next title is expected to make its way onto next-gen consoles like the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, so we guess a huge improvement and changes in graphics is to be expected, although we have to wonder how much better can a game look. In the meantime are you guys excited for the next Call of Duty title?
Next Story: Goat Simulator Is An Actual Game
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2014-02-06: Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-11: Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Recycles Modern Warfare 2 Cutscene [Video]
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts PS4 Reportedly Suffers From Frame Rate Issues
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Retail Sales Reach $1 Billion In Just One Day