The Sony PS4 is no slouch where a console is concerned. In fact, it has gotten off to a flying start despite receiving pretty strong competition from Microsoft’s Xbox One. We have just received word that the Sony PS4, first launched on November 15th last year, has already passed the 5.3 million units sold on February 8th, which is pretty amazing. After all, it worldwide sales of the Sony PS4 has passed the 4.2 million units at the end of last year.
Sony did not bother to reveal a breakdown of sales by individual country, although it was just last week when the NPD reported that the Sony PS4 was the top selling console in the U.S. just last month. It does seem that an increase in the PS4’s sales figures will continue to go up in the coming weeks, as the PS4 will finally arrive in the Land of the Rising Sun this coming Saturday, February 22nd. It is still rather strange, don’t you think, to see the PS4 hit the home country so long after it arrived at the U.S.? I am quite sure that a bunch of new and upcoming games for the PS4 too, will continue to see its overall hardware figures rise in due time as well. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17 PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16 Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16 Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements