For those sports fans out there, you know that this year’s FIFA World Cup will be staged in Brazil, and Sony is the sole FIFA 2014 World Cup official partner who actually churns out handsets. In fact, it is their collaboration with FIFA that enabled the Japanese firm to place a 2014 World Cup logo on the retail box of the brand new Xperia Z1 Compact. Apart from that, Sony also has other kinds of consumer electronics devices up their sleeves, including smartwatches, which is one of the reasons they will be rolling out a SmartWatch 2 FIFA edition in due time.
The Sony SmartWatch 2 FIFA edition is tipped to arrive with a wristband which will boast of the colors found on the Brazilian flag. Apart from the yellow-green wristband that will commemorate the occasion, the SmartWatch 2 FIFA edition will remain similar to the original.
There will also be a Silver metal edition of the same device that is made available to the masses, and it does not take a genius to figure out why it is called that way thanks to a silver metal wristband. UK retailer Clove will sell the two variants of the SmartWatch 2 for $215 apiece. Do you fancy either one of them?
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 Sony Steers Clear Of Android Wear
- 2014-03-24 Vueling Boarding Passes On Sony Smartwatch
- 2013-12-26 Sony Expected To Release New Smartwatch In Early 2014
- 2013-10-15 Sony SmartWatch 2 Promises Up To 96 Hours Of Action On A Full Charge
- 2013-09-05 Sony SmartWatch 2 Gets Announced...Again