With the competition getting stiffer with each release, we don’t expect Sony to be resting on their laurels this year. According to the rumors, Sony is expected to announce a new handset at MWC 2014 in the form of the Xperia Z2. Now based on what we can see, the Xperia Z2’s design isn’t much to shout about, but thanks to a couple of newly leaked photos, what we have in the photo above is apparently a Sony Xperia handset with extremely thin bezels. Like we said, photos of the Xperia Z2 have been leaked in the past and the bezels in those leaked photos are definitely not as thin as the one pictured above, leading us to believe that this could be an unannounced Sony device that could be announced later in the year.
However given the photo quality and the fact that the entire photo itself is rather blur, it’s hard to tell if the photo is even genuine in the first place, although the icons and the background are distinctively Sony. In any case make what you will of it, but a device with such thin bezels is definitely something we wouldn’t mind checking out. Thinner bezels tend to lend itself to the illusion that the phone’s display is bigger than it really is, which is great for those who would prefer if their devices were not of the phablet variety. In the meantime what do you guys think? How would you feel about a handset with extremely thin bezels?
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-02-24: Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: XPERIA Z2 Tablet
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone