MWC is here us and we’re sure many are looking forward to seeing the latest and most high-end handsets make their debut. After all who doesn’t love to see what kind of powerful hardware manufacturers can pack into phones these days, right? However as much as we’d like to see the best of the best smartphones, more often than not manufacturers need to cater to those on a budget or who might not necessarily need the best phone money can buy, but at the same time offer up a phone that is value for money. If you think that you fall into that category, perhaps Sony’s latest Xperia M2 might be of interest to you.
Marketed as a mid-ranged device, Sony believes that the Xperia M2 will not only be easy on your wallet, but will pack features that will offer customers a “flagship experience”. The handset will feature a sizeable 4.8-inch qHD display and will also pack a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset under the hood that is clocked at 1.2GHz. In terms of a camera, the Xperia M2 will come with an 8MP Exmor RS sensor, the same sensor which can be found in higher-end Xperia devices like the Xperia Z1. The camera will also come bundled with photography features like Social Live, Timeshift burst, and Picture Effect.
Other features of the phone includes 4G LTE, which Sony claims would make the Xperia M2 the “world’s slimmest 4G smartphone in its class”, dual SIM capabilities, and access to Sony’s Music Unlimited where users get access to 30 days of free music and 3 blockbuster movies. No word on pricing, but Sony expects to make the Xperia M2 available globally come April 2014.”
Next Story: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-24: Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: XPERIA Z2 Tablet
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-02-21: Sony's MWC Teaser Promises "Something Extraordinary"