Come MWC 2014, we expect Sony to unveil the Xperia Z2. The handset has been rumored about for a while now and has been leaked multiple times. In fact the last we saw, the Xperia Z2 was caught on camera, comparing it against the likes of the Xperia Z and the Xperia Z1. Given how well the Xperia Z and the Xperia Z1 were received, safe to say that expectations are high for the Xperia Z2. In any case thanks to a recent video released by Rimas Flyil, the Xperia Z2 has been caught on video and this time, unlike the previous video released by Flyil, this particular video is about 12 minutes long which basically gives us an extremely in-depth look at the handset.
For those hearing about the Xperia Z2 for the first time, the handset is expected to be the successor of the Xperia Z1 that was released back in 2013. It is also expected to be Sony’s flagship handset for 2014. In terms of specs, rumors are saying that we can look forward to a 5.2-inch display with a Full HD resolution, rather than QHD which seems to be what high-end flagship handsets are sporting this year. It has also been rumored to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 3GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, and a 20.7MP rear-facing camera with Sony’s Exmor RS sensor, with a 2.1MP front-facing for your selfies and video calls. No word on which version of Android it will come with, but chances are it will run Android 4.4 KitKat.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-02-24: Sony Xperia Z2 Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Sony SmartBand SWR10 Will Be Available In March
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-31: Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Release Date, Specs & News Round-Up